Workshop – Modena, 29-30 June 2023
The workshop will take place at the Department of Economics “Marco Biagi” of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, located in Modena.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
Núria Rodríguez-Planas (CUNY, Queens College and IZA) Giorgio Brunello (University of Padua and IZA)
Call for papers:
You are welcome to submit papers according to the list of topics below. The scientific committee will evaluate all submitted papers and accepts even preliminary draft version as long as the final product can be easily foreseen.
List of topics:
List of topics
1) Access to education, with a focus on admission policies, student financial aid and outreach programs: does the university system perpetuate or challenge socio-economic inequalities?
2) The relationship between family socioeconomic status and academic performance
3) Gender and ethnic equity: under-representation of minorities in different fields, promotion of diversity and inclusivity
4) University and labour market outcomes, including a focus on background occupational and wage premia
5) The impact of tertiary education on social mobility and inequality
6) Institutional factors: funding models, governance structures, and other policies affecting the impact of universities on socio-economic inequalities
7) Regional disparities in higher education
8) Mentoring, teacher training, curriculum development and their impact on the inequalities in access, enrollment and student performance
9) Disability and accessibility for disadvantaged students
10) Innovation, the Third Mission, and the role of universities in regional development
Papers are to be submitted by sending an email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 20 April 2023 (23:59 CEST)
You will be notified of the acceptance of your paper by 3 May 2023.